16 May 2013

Spider Scare

One day this week, I woke up early at 5 am and entered the lounge. Next to my picture on the wall was a large spider with a white tip on its abdomen. Looking at it, it was like a supersized wolf spider. Oh, how cool! I took a picture and let it crawl up into the closet.

Sharing pics online, my NZ friends screamed out, "Smash it! It's a whitetail!"

So, looking it up online, it turns out that white tail spiders can bite and transmit flesh eating bacteria that can cause horrible wounds and may lead to permanent disfigurement.

Not a friendly spider after all.

By the time I realized it was poisonous, it had disappeared. Five days later, the kids finally spotted it crawling out from under the lounge sofa.

Quickly, I smashed it with a large selenite rock crystal. It fought fiercely, but the rock won.

No comments:

Post a Comment