18 April 2013

ANZAC Day

Next Thursday is a holiday! People sell red poppies to wear on your shirt. A Memorial Day of sorts.



ANZAC day is a Memorial Day for soldiers that fought in WW 1, so they have parades and memorial services.

All these Kiwi holidays...hard to keep track of!

Update: so we sold red poppies to pin to your shirt last Sat in front of Harvey Norman department store. My kids drove the middle aged ladies selling sausage nearby insane! Oh well, my loud American kids were too "annoying" , so we were asked to leave by the sausage sizzling gals after 30 mins. The sky was raining a solid downpour, so it was good timing.

Then, on Anzac Day, we marched with the scouts in the Papanui parade, which was fun. Here is a pic of us in our scouting uniforms for the ANZAC parade.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am Deniz from Turkey. Today is a rainy Sunday and I have spent a few nice hours reading your blog. It is really nice to find such a blog about Palmerston North. My husband is going to work at Massey Uni beginning from June 4th so we are now dealing with all the visa and moving stuff there :) I got some tips from your writings.

    I will be very happy to contact with you.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like my blog! Hope you have a good move to Palmerston North!

    ReplyDelete